Thread: I've been thinking about colour

lmao i bet mine dont think like that!
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I will be extreamly put out if you don't put lots & lots of pictures on here. If you're gonna go ott (i hope you do) bet you do it in style. Quite a few daughters feel that way too.
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

i have fallen in love with three sets of his beads, spent £62 in my mind in the blink of an eye, but i feel i should wait until i can do them justice
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    i have fallen in love with three sets of his beads, spent £62 in my mind in the blink of an eye, but i feel i should wait until i can do them justice
    they are nice

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    I have it all envisioned already. Took one look at those beads and they screamed autumn/winter. I want to make either a spacer or spacers with large silver ivy leaves and manufacture silver spacer beads with tiny leaves on them and maybe (unsure) little spacer beads set with green mystic topaz.

In my mind it looks beautiful, lets hope I can pull it off.
    look forward to seeing these lovely beads from rob & what you do with them sound good

I'm a bit late to this one Moony, but I love the neclace, or is it a bracelet, I've forgotten already. But I also love that little bit of wisdom from your Mum. Sounds like things my grandmother would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    Well Di,

I have gone and done it, purchased a set of Emerald Mine natural beads from Rob Johnson, only 5 on the string but I intend making my first beaded item with a lot of silver beads that I will make myself and just hope it turns out OK and that the mother likes it. I couldn't resist them, did all the sites and those ones screamed make me into something.

I have big ideas planned, just bought lots of 5mm peridots which I intend to incorporate, beads and gemstones, what a mix.

I am actually really looking forwards to creating my first beaded piece.
    His beads are just wonderful, aren't they - I love the emerald mines and, as I've already mentioned, peridot are my fave (birthstone see). Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Di x

Talking

Beautiful beads, really up my street. I'm not a 100% sure what lampwork means but I guess its clever glasswork

I never know what to do with beads... I'm currently working on a necklace but I'm torn between adding a pearl and a swarovski crystal or leaving it totally simple and silver. Strange being a jeweller and being scared of beads eh?

Jason, I love making stuff for my mum, I want to make something special for her next week to thank her for helping me with my wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    The really well-known lampworkers tend to sell out of their wares very quickly indeed - you almost have to be online the minute they post. I'm thinking here of folk like

Emma Ralph
    Crystal Garden
    Lush Lampwork (famed for her 'torch porch')

However, I like to support the less well-known artists and the ones in this particular piece were made by Rob Johnson.

With lampwork beads, as with anything else, once you find somebody who seems to share your artistic vision (sounds up meself, but you know what I mean) its a match made in heaven.

A good place to start looking at lampwork beads is: British Lampwork
    Sorry Di, I seem to have missed the boat on this thread entirely...(really, REALLY busy day yesterday!!)! Love the bracelet...love the beads...love your 'artistic vision'!!

And what a find MR Johnson is!!...you don't get too many men lampworkers do you? I think they produce much more 'earthy' and 'robust' beads. I've just sent the link to a friend of mine who needs a bit of a boost...I'm sure it will hit the spot...really inspirational stuff!! Those encased quarry beads.....W...O...W..... words fail me...(a very rare event!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post

And what a find MR Johnson is!!...you don't get too many men lampworkers do you? I think they produce much more 'earthy' and 'robust' beads. I've just sent the link to a friend of mine who needs a bit of a boost...I'm sure it will hit the spot...really inspirational stuff!! Those encased quarry beads.....W...O...W..... words fail me...(a very rare event!!)
    Err - I've got some of those encased beads, they are gorgeous. And Rob has asked if he can borrow my necklace (cos' that's what it is, not clear in pic) for a studio photography session for his site! Every little helps eh?
    Di x