Thread: Website feedback

Default Website feedback

Hi all,

I have recently launched my website and would like to hear some opinions & feedback please.

The website is www.metoyoujewelleryltd.co.uk

Well, I've just had a very quick look and would comment as follows:

On first glance this is a very pretty site, however, it's not an easy read! Whilst pretty is good, legibility is better. The major problem is the font; if you are really attached to it then you should at least make it a bit bigger. On the same subject, the pink font on the FAQ page is barely visible at all!

And, really, the same applies to your photographs. When people are buying online they need to see the products really clearly - some of your pics are excellent, for instance the Alfie charm but there are a couple that are very difficult to see -I'm thinking in particular of the silver heart charms.

On a more positive note, the site loads well and, as I said earlier, is superficially attractive to look at. Once you have made things easier to see then it will be a nice site.

Sorry to sound so negative but these things are so important :-)
    Di x

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate any feedback and will take on board what you had said, thank you.

As Di has said, the introduction is difficult to read in that small font, especially for older customers who have all the discretionary spending. The photographs are a bit over exposed and could be photoshopped.
    On the plus side it is easy to add to cart and find the checkout, which is after all the whole point of the exercise. Dennis..
    Last edited by Dennis; 07-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Website looks nice - I like the use of the consistent colour scheme and look-and-feel throughout the site, and I think the navigation/structure works really well. The box on the homepage doesn't load for me (I'm using Chrome).

I have to agree with the other comments about the font being difficult to read. I would consider keeping your font for headings, but for main body text switching to an easy-to-read font (like Verdana, etc) - I'd try out a few combinations and see what works, but try not to use more than two or three fonts over the whole site. This is also important for accessibility reasons - some helpful tips here http://webaim.org/techniques/fonts/. Font colour is also important - dark text on light background is always a winner.

for them as has problems reading small fonts, in most browsers you can do cmd + to make it bigger.

Thank you for all the advice.

www.metoyoujewelleryltd.co.uk

Like everyone else, I struggled with the font size (and in honesty the choice of font) and found the pink page nigh on impossible to read.

I also wonder whether potential customers might like to know a little more about the processes involved - perhaps some pictures.

Your 'about us' page tells me absolutely nothing about you, and certainly doesn't tell me these are hand-made products - buyers like knowing about the artisans behind the pieces they buy, and feel more confident if they feel they 'know' something about the maker.

On the same subject, is it really 'us'? You say in your first post 'my' website, and I suspect it's just you making things. Why not say so? The corporate 'us' indicates that you're part of a larger company or franchise, and I think takes away some of the charm of a handmade product.

Lastly, I should just say I was surprised by the name. I expected to find the ubiquitous tatty teddy merchandise - isn't the 'me to you' brand owned by Carte Blanche? Given that your choice of fonts is very similar to the one they use, notably on their jewellery website www.metoyoujewellery.co.uk, I have a feeling you may run into a lot of confusion (including potential customers ending up on their site rather than yours), and may even fall foul of a copyright issue.

Oh dear - I didn't know about the other site; they're virtually identical! Unless you are they I would change name and site pretty sharpish!
    Di x