Thread: Jeweller Working with Mokume Needed!

Default Jeweller Working with Mokume Needed!

Hi all,

I have a customer at work (Riordans in Fleet, Hampshire) who is looking for a gents mokume gane wedding ring. He has seen loads online, but really wants a handmade one if possible, and he has a limited timeframe for completion.

We have tried to help him out as best we can, but given that we havent worked in mokume before and he has only until the end of August (wedding is 1st sept!) we are struggling!

I have showed him the mokume sheet from cookson and also kernowcraft, but he prefers the look of mokume with darker metals, not just the copper and silver, as he thinks this is too pink in colour!

If anyone can help, please post back your details so i can pass them onto him, or you can email me at work on amy@riordanjewellers.co.uk.

We are happy to pass the work on to another jeweller so our customer can get what he really wants, or maybe we could purchase some ready made mokume from one of you, or see about buying in some of your mokume rings as stock for our showroom as well as for our customer.

Thanks for your time reading this, and your help

Amy x

That's not a huge amount of time... If he'd settle for ordering one from the US, I'd wholly recommend Jim Binnion's & Steve Midgett's enterprise @ http://www.stratabands.com/
    They're handmade - mokume doesn't generally lend itself well to mass production.

Failing that, I may be able to help, although the timeframe bothers me. (If he wanted copper & silver I've got a billet sat here!)
    Last edited by ps_bond; 01-08-2012 at 09:41 AM.