Thread: Sapphire supplier

Default Sapphire supplier

Hi everyone, Would very much apprechiate some help here for a slightly lost boy!

Very new to jewellery making, infact I've never done it before and will probably never do it again, but am in the process of making an engagement ring. (Don't worry, Although i'm new to jewellery making, I do lots of other practical type things, and thus have reasonable confidence in my ability to pull it off.)

Anyhow. I'm struggling to find a UK stone supplier who can give me what I want:

I want a Good Quality Blue ( pref deep/dark blue) Sapphire - round and between 4 and 5mm in diameter.

I'm on a bit of a timescale so hopefully want to have this thing in my hand within a week or so.

I also need 2 1.5mm ish round diamonds, - these seem to be a bit easier to find - cookson seem to do them, although as far as i can work out the quality/grading isn't amazing - any advice on the quality or where to get really good ones from.

I'm in Leeds, and obviously if i could go visit somewhere and see what I'm buying that would be amazing, but I'm guessing that i'll probably have to buy off the internet.

Many Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

hi and welcome,

there are a couple of known suppliers to many on the forum. I will mention WARDS - they have a website, but also very good over the telephone to try and match what you are after.
    regards
    Wallace

Yes, do as Wallace says, but if you possibly can, go there in person and get it all wrapped up in a morning (nearest underground: Farringdon).

You are very daring to attempt this without jewellery experience, but if all else fails, I believe the Duchess of Cambridge has one already made up you might put in an offer for. Regards, Dennis.