Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick to death

Default Sick to death

of people buying my stuff and treating me like Elizabeth Duke. You are getting a one off hand made item, let me know at least that you received it. Rant over :0)

It's very rare that anyone gives any feedback Cornelius. It's only when they come back for more that you know they liked it.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    It's very rare that anyone gives any feedback Cornelius. It's only when they come back for more that you know they liked it.
    oh - I wrote and asked my buyer to leave some feedback if they were happy. Is that bad of me? I did phrase it well enough and feedback was left. I know that would be difficult to do if there were a lot of sales and probably not too practical.
    Last edited by Wallace; 06-09-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: can't tell a buyer from a seller sometimes!

I never, ever ask for feedback. Not least because when I'm asked for it, it drives me potty, and makes me more likely to leave unfavourable comments as I hate being hassled. That said, I always do (eventually) leave feedback for etsy or ebay purchases, and always write to thank other artisan suppliers.

I'd much rather have nothing said than a complaint though!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I never, ever ask for feedback. Not least because when I'm asked for it, it drives me potty, and makes me more likely to leave unfavourable comments as I hate being hassled. That said, I always do (eventually) leave feedback for etsy or ebay purchases, and always write to thank other artisan suppliers.

I'd much rather have nothing said than a complaint though!!
    thanks for that George. Words of wisdom, as always. I think it is due to being my first four sales. I wanted something there. Thanks again xx

I don't mean for feed back I just mean let me know the item arrived.

Just so I am not worrying it is lost in the post.

I suppose I should just add signed for post on top then I would know, currently I do postage included but at an economy level with the option to have signed for insured for extra ( extra being the exact cost it would be to me).
    Last edited by Kwant; 06-09-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I don't mean for feed back I just mean let me know the item arrived.

Just so I am not worrying it is lost in the post.

I suppose I should just add signed for post on top then I would know, currently I do postage included but at an economy level with the option to have signed for insured for extra ( extra being the exact cost it would be to me).
    sorry to side swipe your point. I get mine with signed for and insure it - It is like watching Santa Cam, but with parcels as I can track them online. But most of it is at special delivery cost to the buyer. I don't charge the packaging, that is in my pricing. There is still so much to work out! Maybe I take the prices higher still and don't charge postage??? But that is for another thread another time. lol
    Last edited by Wallace; 06-09-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: it was a special moment

I just put a note inside asking for them to let me know when the parcel is received so I can stop worrying. Mostly they do. And I always send signed for too.
    Di x

Signed for (recorded) delivery is not insured. Only special delivery is, and then only for the cost of materials and after a lot of grudging arguing. nothing for labour or added value. Which is why, after they lost two special delivery parcels I've now switched to secure courier and they haven't lost anything.

Yeah, I know. But I figure that if I use signed for I won't get anybody saying their parcel hasn't arrived when I know damn well that it has
    Di x