Thread: the wedding fairs, anybody??

Default the wedding fairs, anybody??

Does any one advertise/promote at wedding fairs??? Just looking for peoples views and experiences of them and is it profitable or just another way to promote/advertise?

I only ever did one. I found it frustrating as no-one buys anything and most people are looking a year ahead, so you don't get any orders for months, if at all. I'm used to doing shows where I go home with a wad of cash.

...I do like your youthfull use of words 'wad' and 'anul', I was young once! These shows tell me more are they like the Royal Cornwall/ Stithians shows or are we on a different wave length and are you a 'Made in Cornwall' and are there any benefits???

Oh yes, me, I'm down with da kidz!

As for the shows, they're nothing like the others you mentioned, as people just go to look around and not buy on the day. I am in Made in Cornwall but they don't really do much until Christmas. Those shows are good at Christmas though, but then, I suppose all shows must be good then surely?

wedding fairs are a complete waste of time and money. I'm not sure who benefits apart from the organisers. All brides want to do is wander round and scoop leaflets. no orders 9and not just none for me, none for anyone at one I attended where about 400 visited

I'm afraid that I've only heard the same story.....no sales

Quote Originally Posted by mary79 View Post
    So true, I visited one wedding fair once and I found it rather stressful. A big fuss it was in fact. And nothing sold as well. It is a bit like going to the museum when you actually need some practical advice. I eventually decided to rather contact my local wedding planner. And it was perfect. We focused on nature a lot, with all it took, gardens, flowers, natural makeup with blemish balm, gowns and dresses, music, and it was just adorable. One does not need the experts with a bit of imagination.
    Ah, I'd been waiting to see what junk you were going to try to sell us Mary - I see it's skin care. Good. The mods can ban you now.

Well, I didn't see that coming (this is known as irony folks...)
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Ah, I'd been waiting to see what junk you were going to try to sell us Mary - I see it's skin care. Good. The mods can ban you now.
    'Tis done I was waiting for the first spam link. Well, that and fixing this infernal PC.

Yet again, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck... Or, for the more erudite, Occam's Razor.

How about a platypus?