Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making discs for stamping??

Default Making discs for stamping??

I am getting into stamping thanks to Di Sandland lol but now I need discs to stamp on and boy are they expensive. Does anyone on here sell them or would a machine like this work? I don't need masses as only a hobbyist. Prob 19mm Circles to start with.

http://www.knighton-tools.co.uk/acat..._Machines.html Thanks

That thing seems quite pricy, and though my fractions are useless it does not seem to punch as large as 19mm. I think for making discs most people would use a disc cutter of the type you whack with a hammer. Cookson have a few reasonably priced though they do not go as large as 19mm. The only large disc cutter I have seen was at Cousins and sadly it is very expensive.When you say you do not need many, would it not be worth it to pay the price of precut ones and factor that cost into your selling price?

I don't think Debs is selling Cornelius :-) A disc cutter is the way to go and, as you aren't selling or doing large volumes, you don't need one of the pricier ones. My first disc cutter came from Ebay and was perfectly serviceable. I'll see if I can find the link (or George might have the link to hand)
    Di x

There's a second-hand one here that looks to be good value http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-je...#ht_610wt_1392
    Di x

This is the model I had (still have as a back up)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/proops-jew...#ht_500wt_1180
    Di x

I quite like the look of the one Cookson has that does discs or cone shapes but then I am a bit of a monkey see monkey want kind of guy :0)

The one you have highlighted is a cheap copy of a very expensive one (which some of us have). The real one is a work of art - I'm not sure how good this indian copy is though. I know George has seen it in action, so she might be able to help.
    Di x

For middle range ones, Cookson's are as good as anywhere else really Debs. If you want to see the posh ones (which are worth the money) google Swanstrom Disc Cutter and Durston Disc Cutter x
    Di x

Thanks a lot
    x