Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Has Cookson Gold stopped sending out orders or are they just ignoring me?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Angry Has Cookson Gold stopped sending out orders or are they just ignoring me?

    That's it, basically, I ordered on Friday last week at 1 pm and they still haven't sent my order. I even rang them today at about noon, the customer assistant wasn't much help and said that the order will go out today, but it hasn't. I can understand things like that happen during Freepost, but they are not running this promotion at the moment.

    What a terrible customer service!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,172

    Default

    I'd be furious if that happened. Usually when I order, I'm desperate for the stuff.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I'd be furious if that happened. Usually when I order, I'm desperate for the stuff.
    I agree, Carole. This is so terrible. I have a set of burrs in the order, which I need urgently. I told that to the person I spoke today. And STILL they haven't bothered sending my order - must be too busy playing with their new beads.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brittany
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Playing with the beads lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    ...just to annoy you even more I ordered from China last Thursday morning, dispatched that evening and I received it in Cornwall this morning,as much as I want to buy local the customer is always second, shame.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lopez View Post
    ...just to annoy you even more I ordered from China last Thursday morning, dispatched that evening and I received it in Cornwall this morning,as much as I want to buy local the customer is always second, shame.
    I know, this is ridiculous. I ordered from Rio Grande In the US at 8pm on Friday and the parcel arrived today in the morning. Just goes to show what a good customer service should be like.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cotswolds
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilia View Post
    That's it, basically, I ordered on Friday last week at 1 pm and they still haven't sent my order. I even rang them today at about noon, the customer assistant wasn't much help and said that the order will go out today, but it hasn't. I can understand things like that happen during Freepost, but they are not running this promotion at the moment.

    What a terrible customer service!
    That's dreadful. I thought same day dispatch was guaranteed for orders placed before 3pm? I know it goes wrong when freepost's running - which itself has become a joke - no choice of carrier any more, and several days to process. I never, ever use it any more and that really annoys me too!

    Quote Originally Posted by lilia View Post
    I know, this is ridiculous. I ordered from Rio Grande In the US at 8pm on Friday and the parcel arrived today in the morning. Just goes to show what a good customer service should be like.
    Trouble is, you pay for it - the shipping costs are just getting silly, and whilst I don't mind paying VAT etc, I really object to the scale of handling charges added on top.

    ps. has one of you got my emeralds, which were sent priority mail from the US over 3 weeks ago. I hope so, otherwise it means Royal Fail are sitting on them at Mount Unpleasant again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    good old Rio Grande if only we had one here...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rhondda, United Kingdom
    Posts
    170

    Default

    I have had monstrous problems just getting a little bit of silver, some chain and three pairs of Shamballa earrings. Ordered them Sunday 24th June, had a phone call on the Tuesday to ask if I'd got them, it turned out they'd sent it to another customer. Wanted me to pay again if I wanted it sent straight away and apply for a refund when the original parcel had been returned. I explained I didn't have the money to do that, as I'm just staring up my business, and was promised it would go out by Special Delivery. Next day, nothing. Or the day after. I rang on Monday, and was promised the same thing. And the next day. And the next. It finally arrived on Friday morning, just standard first class.

    While I'm not exactly a high rolling customer and obviously not important enough, I rely on the next day promise of delivery as I can't afford to keep much in stock, so I order silver as I need it. The lady on the end of the phone was lovely, but made promises the dispatch people couldn't keep. I'd ordered my stuff a week before I needed it at a show I was doing, and it arrived a week late.

    Really, really disappointed with Cookson just now :-(


    Melanie

    http://www.spinysharklythings.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Trouble is, you pay for it - the shipping costs are just getting silly, and whilst I don't mind paying VAT etc, I really object to the scale of handling charges added on top.

    ps. has one of you got my emeralds, which were sent priority mail from the US over 3 weeks ago. I hope so, otherwise it means Royal Fail are sitting on them at Mount Unpleasant again.
    I know, George, but the fact is although postage is expensive from America to the UK, it is still only postage - there is nothing extra paid on top to send the parcel the same day. I paid postage to Cookson to send the order to me and they didn't. As I remember Rio ships for free within the US (or used to)? And their customer service is second to none. I always order my Rio orders in the evening around 7-8pm and they ALWAYS ship the same day. Only once they didn't and they TOLD me by email that it will go out the next day. Whereas Cookson just makes false promises to shut their customer up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •