Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibro Tumblers

they're all good and they are made in Birmingham so repairing is possible (they all made by Balco ). The ones sold on Ebay are also good but you will have to stick the import duty on top. If you also have more time than sence they're very easy to make, my home made on easily matches up to the other two professional ones I have.

thanks for your advice, i shall make a decision, i like the rotabarrel option because i can run two seperate barrels to allow various stages to be done at once, and keeps from contamination.

thanks again

Stuart

Lopez one further question, can you dry tumble in a rotary barrel? i was considering using walnut shell, do you ever use this to get a final polish? if so what do you add to it to charge it?

regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart, I am a retired silversmith, and have a small scale tumble polisher with all the steel shot that I would like to sell.
    £170. As I live in Kent you would have to collect it or pay for the carriage. It really was a fabulous help as it polishes a lot of stuff to a brilliant finish using just soap flakes and water.
    shirleytemple
    Last edited by shirleytemple; 01-08-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: extra information

Hi Stuart,

I made a mistake yesterday and quoted the original price. I am asking £90 including 2 lots of the mixed steel shot. I also have a metal stand to take it at £40.

shirleytemple

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by shirleytemple View Post
    Hi Stuart, I am a retired silversmith, and have a small scale tumble polisher with all the steel shot that I would like to sell.
    £170. As I live in Kent you would have to collect it or pay for the carriage. It really was a fabulous help as it polishes a lot of stuff to a brilliant finish using just soap flakes and water.
    shirleytemple
    Quote Originally Posted by shirleytemple View Post
    Hi Stuart,

I made a mistake yesterday and quoted the original price. I am asking £90 including 2 lots of the mixed steel shot. I also have a metal stand to take it at £40.

shirleytemple
    do you mean that you have a tumble polisher. A barrel with mixed shot? Is the shot stainless? Would you be able to post a picture?

Last edited by Kwant; 02-08-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: first one too long Wallace goes in for the kill much quicker

Hi Stuart
    Just had a look at your website, some of the pieces that I looked at are really cheap, can I be cheeky and ask if you make all the stuff that's on your website because the filigree heart earrings look very cheap for the amount of work that has gone into them.

I've noticed that someone on Notonthehighstreet is passing off your horse pendant as their own design.

This is a square glass bottle type 'barrel' in a frame that 'locks' and is turned by a motor. (It looks like an old fashioned sweet jar).
    Yes the shot is stainless. I shall make a photo of it and post that over weekend.

shirleytemple.