Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop

Default Photoshop

okay I need help, how do I get started with Photoshop to get to a point where I can use it on jewellery photos, or better still does anybody know of any courses out there ideally in Cornwall/Devon ???

I did a course a couple of years ago with Digital Peninsula at Penzance. They sometimes have funding available.

caroleallen Hey! and thanks I'll look them up.

You can teach yourself quite easily, if you get Photoshop Elements. The latest version is 10 and once installed, right click on your image, then open with---
    Select 'guided' and your hand is held while you try the various options. When finished you save as---

There are also some guide books to allow you to study in greater depth, but obviously a short course at some time would be invaluable. Dennis.

Hi Lopez

I'd suggest the same as Dennis as there's plenty of material to teach yourself online. I've recently installed Photoshop and have picked up the basics pretty quickly - the advantage of self teaching too is that you can pick and choose the elements you want to learn
    Sarah

I have used it for a very long time, if you need any specific help, drop me a private message.

Frankly photoshop is overkill for most people. If you are on a Mac try aperture first. I have photoshop as an external editor in apertures ( last resort)

If windows, photoshop to dummies I aloe have it but the it was written for me

J

Another option is Adobe Lightroom - it's really intuitive and easy to work out how to use it to edit photographs. I have used it a lot.

As far as Mac goes (of which I am a user) Pixelmator is a very fine Mac dedicated utility, cheap, well supported and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    As far as Mac goes (of which I am a user) Pixelmator is a very fine Mac dedicated utility, cheap, well supported and easy to use.
    seems very popular/ 7 stars, and only 12 euros in the app store