Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from a blustery Edinburgh

Hello from equally blustery, and rainy Kilsyth!!
    I am originally from Edinburgh, and most of my family are still thru there, so visit quite often.
    I have been keen for other Scottish members to join....dont suppose you are planning to go to the Bead Fair in Perth on 30th August???
    Lesley x
    'It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live.'

Hi Bev, It is the usual tale of addiction...first the beads...then the wire....then the clay....then the forum!! No turning back now...so just enjoy it!!

Default Thank you

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your warm welcomes. Looking forward to spending happy hours here but can't be for too long at a time, as I'm working!! Need to buy another computer for home - mine has packed in.

Lindyloo - I'm not really an old bat. Am only 43, soon to be 44, so not very old then! Old Bat is a term of endearment that I call my Mum - have been calling her this for years now. Its become quite infamous, as lots of her friends are aghast that she allows herself to be called an Old Bat - but she does enjoy it. She would think something was wrong if I stopped using this affectionate term.

Lesley - good to hear others from Scotland. Am not planning to go to the Perth Bead Fair this August - haven't decided whether to go to the Edinburgh one yet, as definitely will be going to the Harrogate Fair - this is where the Old Bat lives and its a good opportunity to go home. PM me if you are coming into Edinburgh and want to meet up!

Better go do something else ........

Bev

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Bat View Post

Lindyloo - I'm not really an old bat. Am only 43, soon to be 44, so not very old then! Old Bat is a term of endearment that I call my Mum - have been calling her this for years now. Its become quite infamous, as lots of her friends are aghast that she allows herself to be called an Old Bat - but she does enjoy it. She would think something was wrong if I stopped using this affectionate term.

Bev

My kids call me the Old Crone and I did think of using the moniker Juicy Crone. I decided against it.

Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    My kids call me the Old Crone and I did think of using the moniker Juicy Crone. I decided against it.

I was just looking at crone-crafts website yesterday to find out the meaning of some stones...I thought at the time how unflattering a name it was!... Thank heaven you went for the moon instead...

A warm belated welcome from mid country. Looking forward to seeing some of your work wen you get your new computer!

I wouldn't be without my nickname, sums me up sometimes but also means my staff aren't afraid of me if they use it.
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    I was just looking at crone-crafts website yesterday to find out the meaning of some stones...I thought at the time how unflattering a name it was!... Thank heaven you went for the moon instead...
    I agree with Barbara - I think that Moon Cottage sounds much nicer. Your kids are very cheeky Di, calling you Old Crone - not flattering at all!! The things we make our Mum's put up with.

Annie - I'll hopefully be able to post some pictures soon, but I do need to hone my photography skills - will search and I'm sure I'll be able to find some great tips for photographing pieces.
    Bev

I don't hold out much hope for you keeping on with the work and avoiding the forum. It's soooo addictive.