Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Enamels and Enamelling

Quote Originally Posted by Di Sandland View Post
    What a shame about the dragonfly! :-( I love art nouveau and doing what you do had never occurred to me; it will be a while before I'm confident enough to do that though. Hydrofluoric acid - hell, that is scary, is there nothing else that will do the job (to answer myself, I guess not cos if there was you wouldn't be using the HF). I should have known you'd be doing something like this cos we like similar stuff.
    I tend to save stuff up and dump them in in one go. outside on a still-ish day great big rubber gauntlets and goggles. it is very very dilute though, so probably a bit less risky. Re-enamelling is always a bit nerve-wracking, especially if stuff has been lead soldered, but sometimes the pay off is well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    That reminds me of a scene in the American series Breaking Bad, where a young guy tries to dispose of a body in the bath in an upstairs room with HF acid, well it did not go well :0)

I perhaps should not be let loose near such stuff as I have already spilled a jar of sulphuric onto myself, my trousers were off quicker than they have ever been, it did not do much good to the as was rush matting in my studio, which rotted away and has now had to be replaced.
    I think I remember that episode. bit of artistic license in it I think!

Chuffin hell (can't write the strong words I want to cos the forum won't accept them!) - I think you should stand away from the acid
    Di x

I got my copy of the Linda Darty book today and Carole you were absolutely right, what a great book it is. Clear, interesting and inspiring, I feel less daunted by the whole thing now as it would appear even mistakes can be incorporated into ones design :0) which will suit me down to the ground.

My kiln came today hooray. I have already fired a couple of pieces of PMC, very happy with the results, well no explosions, and just fired my very first test of enamel, very encouraging :0).

Yay!! At last...........have fun ;-)