Thread: Toggle clasp for bracelet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Toggle clasp for bracelet

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

As i didnt have a lot of time today i thought i would do a little to the bracelet i was working on at college. So i made some links and put them on (except for the end ones) havent soldered them yet, but what did occur to me was that i have not got a clasp for this bracelet. I really wanted it to be something i had made rather than shop bought, and i thought probably the easiest was a toggle. But as i hope you can see from the piccy (prays it works) its quite small and i dont want the clasp to overpower it. I am placing as i said before, a small cabuchon in the middle of the "bow" sections, and they are very tiny, so the overall appearance of the bracelet is delicate. I just wondered if you wouldnt mind giving me you opinion on a toggle and then, wondered if you had any ideas as to whether i could make one at home (and tell me how) or if i should wait til i go back to college at the end of september.

If you feel i have a cheek asking if it would look right i completely understand.

Also I want to put some tiny links around the double links and wondered if they will really need to be soldered as well as the double ones. I didnt make note of what solder i used to join the links on the ends of the bows and tears (daft I know) so i dont know whether to just use XE to be safe, as i know i didnt use that cos of it needing links in between, or whether i should use easy hoping i used hard originally, so that if i want to solder the tiny links onto the others, i can still use XE on them?

Sorry i need to keep a diary of what i have done on ongoing projects so that this doesnt happen again. Lesson learned
    Last edited by bustagasket; 19-08-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away