Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Theme Competition

Default June Theme Competition

This Month's Theme......

Summer Holiday

Hello everyone!

Have you got your summer holiday booked?

I thought this would be a good, broad theme for this month which you could have fun with.

So post your design incorporating this theme within this thread with a little bit about the piece and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will "WIN A WORKBENCH" !!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CREATIVITY!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 30.06.2012. The winner will win a workbench. The judging process will take place on 02.07.2012. Our Silversmith Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers who are UK residents and aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 05.07.2012. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Default Shifting Sands.

I see that this month's theme has been subtly changed, greatly adding to the possible interpretations. So if you have been working at this like an ant, you might well be overtaken by a grasshopper. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Theme Competitions 2012.JPG  

Here is my non-competitive entry for June, hoping to encourage others: some deckchair earrings, just the thing for the beach .

The metal is blackened silver for low maintenance. The seats are fixed to very thin silver strip with double sided tape, to preserve the drape and so that they could be crimped on. In case you are wondering, they can’t be folded.

I have also made a mechanical looking chain to complement them, using drilled rectangular wire and jump rings. It is infinitely adjustable and one end has back to back tube-set crystals, which could be worn as a pendant or left out of sight.

Add a trashy book, a crusty landlady, and heavy showers and you will have the complete UK summer holiday. I read this week, that once they even charged for the use of the cruet. The use of the cruet? Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss Seaside Earrings.jpg   ss Necklace For Seaside Earrings.jpg  

Love the earrings Dennis - they look almost sit-onable!
    Di x

Wow the deckchairs are amazing! I would love to wear them

Those deckchairs are so cute Dennis.

They are FAB Dennis!!

I love the little deckchairs Dennis - adorable!

This is my non competition entry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	3657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	3658

Carole, that is beautiful! And so very original too
    Di x