Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Helloooooo!!!

Hi Gemineer - a welcome wave from me

Like yourself, I'm a relative newcomer having started with silver last September - it is completely addictive. Hope you find the forum to be as useful as I have - it's so helpful having the wealth of experience (and talent!) on hand, it's helped my sanity once or twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Yes that it the dilemma, I recon using .8 half hard you can get it down to 40p a pair but as you say it's a 30 pound investment for a 5.7 m / 30 gram coil.

Let me think of a way to get you off the ground, perhaps you coul make some for me since I buy mine in order to focus else where.

J
    That's definitely it, Julian In fact, the few local places that stocked it (in 1m bits usually) have stopped because of the spiralling costs. Most have also stopped stocking Sterling findings

Sounds interesting, Julian... just not sure what it is you're suggesting I make lol Are we talking earwires? You'll have to forgive my density of brain - the meds do that to me

Quote Originally Posted by Gemineer View Post
    Very good, Kwant The problem we have is affording the initial investment
    I was not trying to show how clever I am I was illustrating to you what could be done for very little money and as Julian said in 0.8mm it would be cheaper still. Cookson cut wire to your requirements there is no minimum that I am aware of, indeed I have bought very small pieces of silver in the past to match my requirements, and if you take advantage of their frequent freepost offers (providing you live in the UK) you would not even be out of pocket for the postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I was not trying to show how clever I am I was illustrating to you what could be done for very little money and as Julian said in 0.8mm it would be cheaper still. Cookson cut wire to your requirements there is no minimum that I am aware of, indeed I have bought very small pieces of silver in the past to match my requirements, and if you take advantage of their frequent freepost offers (providing you live in the UK) you would not even be out of pocket for the postage.
    I never imagined you were, Kwant

I would never have thought a company would do that! :O I'm used to laces where, for example, they'll cut wood to size for you, but you still have to pay for the whole piece It certainly sounds like an excellent option! Of course, I did notice that I'd managed to find Cookson just as a Freepost offer expired lol! Thanks for the info anyway - I'll certainly bear that in mind when the next Freepost event comes along

That is one of the great things about Cookson they don't mind dealing with us poor amateurs and hobbyists, with our limited knowledge and budgets :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemineer View Post
    Of course, I did notice that I'd managed to find Cookson just as a Freepost offer expired lol! Thanks for the info anyway - I'll certainly bear that in mind when the next Freepost event comes along
    Hi Gemineer - a quick tip if you use Facebook, Cookson often post details regarding their current offers on there. I also get their emails but it's usually Facebook where I get the heads up about any freepost offers

Belated welcome from me Gem! I've been working with silver for a few years now but would still class myself as a beginner. I also turned to it as a form of therapy, I find the intricacies of it help with my co-ordination problems, and it's certainly given me something to focus on. My bedtime reading will be your blog. Enjoy your time here, and feel free to keep me company with the dim (lol) questions!

Quote Originally Posted by wheely View Post
    . Enjoy your time here, and feel free to keep me company with the dim (lol) questions!
    No Such Thing as a dim questions , just dum answers. (and bad spelling)
    Last edited by Julian; 29-05-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    That is one of the great things about Cookson they don't mind dealing with us poor amateurs and hobbyists, with our limited knowledge and budgets :0)
    LOL! That makes a change in this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by louisella76 View Post
    Hi Gemineer - a quick tip if you use Facebook, Cookson often post details regarding their current offers on there. I also get their emails but it's usually Facebook where I get the heads up about any freepost offers
    I kind of use Facebook - but get so many notifications, I rarely see more than a handful To many friends lol