Hi all! New member to CG's great looking forum I started making jewellery late last year, as part of a drive to find effective therapy. Having significant health problems and being long-term disabled, it's sadly true that I seldom get out of the house unless my wife, and sole carer (no! that doesn't mean she looks after my shoes!!), is not at work. We have three adult children, all of whom are building lives very nicely (though facing the mountainous "uphill struggle" of everyday modern life), and a total of five grandchildren (so far). My wife, Jenny or Jen, works full time (and often more) and is a veteran crafter, including beading of many kinds. As my bio hints, though, I didn't start jewellery making because Jen does it! I made the mistake(?) of scanning through the Sky channels and finding a particular channel of relevance (don't know if I'm allowed to say which one ). I naturally reported the find to Jen. It was only a matter of a few weeks before I had developed a fascination with gemstones! In short order (and with some triumph) Jen ordered certain items, including some for me! Before I realised what was happening, I was making jewellery!! Now, for good or evil, I'm hooked - addicted irrevocably! I even get depressed and shaky if I go too long without making something, or without acquiring some new gemstones. I've established that pharmacies do not stock anti-beading or anti-gemstone patches! I'm doomed and must simply accept the fact.

I do show my makes on my blog and I'm hoping to start selling some things soon, which will have to be online as I can't get out to craft fairs or such. WIth some luck, I'll show off some items here, if that's allowed. In the meantime, be prepared for daft questions from time to time!