Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes I have been at it again :0)

Love the earrings - you'd never think they used to be spoons if you didn't know it!

Thanks Lauren,

well as suggested by Wallace I have cut down the rather ungainly lumps and made a pair of post type earrings, which work much better.

Shell ears by kwant, on Flickr

<<< has piercing envy.

lol Medusa.

... and finally using the little space that as Wallace said was ripe for a stone (though not one of my opals, they are MINE) a not quite exact matched pair of flush set chrome diopsides. Might need to change out the suspension rings as they look a bit clunky, chop them off and drill maybe.

Diopside ears by kwant, on Flickr

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    lol Medusa.

... and finally using the little space that as Wallace said was ripe for a stone (though not one of my opals, they are MINE) a not quite exact matched pair of flush set chrome diopsides. Might need to change out the suspension rings as they look a bit clunky, chop them off and drill maybe.

Diopside ears by kwant, on Flickr
    deeeelllllliiiisssssshhhhhhhhhh

you are so clever ;o) That green is a great colour with the silver too. Slightly disheartened that not one appearance of an opal was made.... you could have taunted with a little gem next to it! lololol

You can now feel you have done the recyling business a great justice and made more that you initially intended. Lush!

can you not saw down the loops a little and then fold them over each other for some stability? If you teased the ends a little with a flame to get a small balling up, it would compliment the pattern really well.But you know what you are doing....... that is just me! Did I say they are lush??? lol
    Last edited by Wallace; 15-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Tell your daughters

They aughter lock up their silver.

Kwant's aroond

He's a silver hoond.

They turned out well in the end! Like the stud earrings especially.

Fantastic Kwant, better cut down I think and especially liking the studs

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I had a meeting where people brought their own lunch, which included bringing some forks for some. One of those forks (albeit a stainless steel version) had exactly the same pattern............. It was hard to explain why I was chuckling

They are lovely Kwant

Being a bit of a cutlery expert (I managed a cutlery department called Arthur Price of England), I can tell you that the pattern is called kings, and it was a parish pattern, meaning that it originated in the early 1800's in Sheffield. It was only allowed to be made in Sheffield until the mid 1900's.

Just wondering how bad it is that I can still remember all of that when I left the company 5 yrs ago