Thread: My latest guilty pleasure...

Default My latest guilty pleasure...

Just thought I would share with you my latest guilty pleasure...it's not gold or silver hand tools or motorised...it's the BBC torch relay being shown on http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay

I guess for you guys back in the Uk you are either fed up of the Olympics or like me totally wazzed over it. I watched the flame arrive on Friday evening and since then, been hooked on the relay. I have set up a screen in my workshop today so that I can keep an eye on it through the day while I work.

Not sure how long this latest obsession will last...
    Poor old Les

Oh dear, you obviously need therapy. I live within a few of miles of where the torch arrived, yet couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to go and see it. I did go and watch some fireworks on Saturday evening though in celebration. Does that count?

It's coming past us on my birthday this week. I shall be staying at home and eating cake.....

Oh well, Happy Birthday then George! Dennis.

Thank you Dennis! It's not until Wednesday, but I'm going for the long buildup in the hope someone in the family will remember

Happy birthday George, I've found post it notes placed strategically around the house, the fridge, kettle & bathroom can work!

I got so soppy and cried when I saw it set off in Cornwall that I set my granddaughter off! My sister arrives from the USA Tuesday & is as excited about seeing the torch as me, bit of a long way to come for it though! I'm interested in the construction of the torch too but I think what a missed opportunity not to use it to advertise all the UK metalsmiths in general.

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Oh dear, you obviously need therapy. I live within a few of miles of where the torch arrived, yet couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to go and see it. I did go and watch some fireworks on Saturday evening though in celebration. Does that count?
    same here. In fact even though I had to go into Pz on saturday I waited until the afternoon. My friend got up at 6am to see it set off from Lands End. I stayed home and warm!