Thread: hobbygas

Default hobbygas

Hi I've just bought a smiths little torch and now I need some oxygen. I can rent from BOC or the only other choice seems to be hobbygas. Anyone use it?

There is another option that many jeweller's with Smiths torches use and that is an Oxygen Concentrator, see; http://www.tuffnellglass.com/content...centrator.html
    The cost of renting and refills from BOC could soon pay for one of these.
    This is what I would go for if I had not already paid for 5 years BOC rentals.
    James

I'm an oxycon user (I already had mine for lampworking, and it was an obvious decision to adapt it for my little torch as well) and I love it! I think I may have converted one or two others.....

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I'm an oxycon user (I already had mine for lampworking, and it was an obvious decision to adapt it for my little torch as well) and I love it! I think I may have converted one or two others.....
    One or two! I think you should be on commission George.

I'm not a Little Torch user, but I modified my system that was dedicated to small 1 litre bottles of gas and O2 to be able to use with large propane gas bottle and O2 concentrator. I love it, it is so much safer than O2 bottles.
    Poor old Les