Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jewellery gift boxes

Red face Jewellery gift boxes

I am just about to pass out on to my keyboard from searching for jewellery gift boxes. I quite like the wooden range cooksons sell but they are too expensive for my jewellery. Does anyone know of any good quality and not over priced boxes, as this is really beginning to become a problem. The main problem I'm coming across is that not many boxes come with a nice velvet effect insert, which is a MUST! Other than that I like the wooden or card ones, particularly the magnetic ones... someone help me pleeeease!

Haven't bought from them myself YET but they come highly recommended from people who have!

http://www.pottersuk.com/

Try justbros.co.uk

Here's another one to try:

The Tiny Box Co
    Di x

If your concerned about global warming then you should not use any packaging it is no better than all the crap super markets use !!"!!!

Wow, thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!

And Myke... I'm not concerned

Why not buy a bit of velvet (dirt cheap on ebay) and customise your inserts? It's just wrapped round the foam base. Works for any box you like.

I use tins rather than boxes, and make the inserts from bits of old fleece material.

I use card pillows printed with my logo. They're recyclable and look really nice. I know boxes are posher but when you do craft fairs they get damaged and are bulky to carry. I've tried bags and boxes but I've settled on pillows - much more comfortable!!

I have a site that I bookmarked AGES ago after finding it bagnboxman They do all sorts, but the reason I booked marked it was that they do custom stuff under 'Presentation Boxes' and 'Custom' stuff (incase I was ever ready for my own etc) They also have jewellery boxes.

I have not checked out the prices against anyone else though so I don't know how they compare...

Whenever i go to the BMF show i always visit a stand there. It was run by a husband and wife team and Liz (LizArt Designs) made the delicate swarovski crystal jewellery that i wear all the time. Liz was lovely, so friendly always giving you a warm welcome and we would chat for ages. Sadly she passed away earlier this year, and her dear husband, bless him, carried on with the show because he wanted to try to carry it on for her, and for the most part can reproduce some of her designs. She inspired me to give jewellery making a go. Anyway, her jewellery always comes in magnetic boxes and i would dearly love some of them, any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by bustagasket; 19-08-2009 at 06:57 AM.
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away