Thread: Hi I'm new

Post Hi I'm new

I have just come back to jewellery making after 30 years out of the trade, I have built a home workshop in my conservatory and started as a hobby. I used to work in repair and manufacture workshops. worked with lost wax silver watch bracelet manufacture. I went to college in 1981-2 got a higher surrey diploma and then hit the 80's recession and have worked in all sort of jobs since.
    The first new piece of jewellery was a silver ring with rub set Opal, bit silly to take on an Opal for first piece but it worked! now on third piece and have lots of ideas.

Welcome then Vernon. Please join in the advice to anguished newbies and hopefully show us some pix. Dennis.

Hello Vernon! Silly question, but how do you manage soldering in what must be a very bright space? I like it quite dim so I can see what I'm doing :-) But that might just be me...

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com

if it's something complicated or small I solder in the evening when outside light is lower. I am very traditional and use hard solder and brushed on borax.

Welcome Vernon.

Sonia
    x

is that a picture of you with a fully dressed goldwing?