Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

No, not really (actually I live in Kingswood in Bristol right now, but moving to Bath in Sept, so I was just pre-empting the move when I filled in my details on here ) either way, not far!

Smile

hi i am from elphin sutherland scotland nice and sunny up here

Have been in Chepstow, South Wales for 15 years, just across the river from Bristol. Come from Bath and worked there for 22 years, till last month.

Smile So near and yet so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bijou Dragon View Post
    I live in Plumstead in SE London, I moved down here 3 years ago this August 15th to live with my fiancé.

I did live in Macclesfield in Cheshire when we met and we are currently trying to move to Cornwall around the St Ives area!
    Hi there - tenuous link coming up!...my Dad was born in Plumstead and went to school at Shooter's Hill. I think the last time I went there was when I was 7 - like, over 4 decades ago!!....well, I did say it was tenuous!! I now live in Runcorn, Cheshire.....not too far from Macclesfield!! And - I once went on holiday to Cornwall and visited St. Ives!! (Isn't that the place that is all hills??:p) My goodness!... isn't it a small world??.... we were almost neighbours!! Ha ha ha!!

Cool

I was born in North Devon.

Went to Uni in Hereford.

Lived in Bristol for 2 years after that (and worked at Justice Jewellery).

Moved to Newcastle Upon Tyne after that... and am likely to stay here

Smile I'm your nearest neighbour so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    I'm in North Wales, little town called Mochdre near Conwy, is there anyone out there in the North West/Wales? Not many jewellers round here as far as I know, I tend to travel to Liverpool/Manchester for my cultural 'hit', but we do have Ruthin Craft Centre here which is absolutley inspirational and well worth visiting if anyone's ever in the area.
    Wend
    Hi Wendy, I am in awe of anyone who can set stones!! I am a self taught fine silver worker and stone setting is so out of my reach!! I love those daffodil earrings and the bangle is really clever!....anyway...to get to the point...I am in Runcorn, Cheshire - very little in the way of culture here abouts but I agree Liverpool and Manchester have a bit more to offer!! I haven't been to the Ruthin Craft Centre but I have heard other people talk about it so perhaps I ought to have a trip over there...I could do with some inspiration!! It looks like I could be your nearest neighbour so far...
    Barbara

Talking

Solunar - You should try to set something, I'm self taught and you can do it fairly simply... I haven't attempted a claw yet but bezels, rub-overs/ collets are fine. And you can get stones very cheap to practice with. You'll need a 'Pusher' to push the sides over a stone, and something like a 'tube setting'... its very satisfying!

I just got my first diamond in the post and am looking forward to setting it today!

i'm on the outskirts of maidstone kent ...Charlotte lovely rings on your site i've attemped a stone setting but never a ring now i can't wait to get back to college and try a "TUBE SETTING"

I am in East Sussex just down the Road from the Kent border

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    Solunar

I just got my first diamond in the post and am looking forward to setting it today!
    Oh wow! ...Oh God! Diamonds???? Have I got to aim that high??? Just the cost of 50g of pmc terrifies me at £1+ a gram...I'd have heart failure with a diamond! You could guarantee the first thing I would do would be ping it across the room!!
    You MUST post a picture of that when you have done it!!
    I'm experimenting with a bit of enamelling on my latest silver ring at the moment...waiting for it to dry before putting it into the kiln...so no, I'm not 'wasting' my time on the forum again..honest!!
    Barbara