Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Rolling Mill

The Cookies cheapo one! I am in my default state of being "financially embarrassed"...

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com

Hi folks i would save up and buy a good set of rolling mills, or with any other jewellery tools buy the best you can cheap tools are false economy
    i have tried cheap and they just snap or break., i have a set of durston rollers i have used for the last 25 years and never had a problem with them
    and they will probably out do me...

Scott

[QUOTE=Melanie De Castro Pugh;46296]The Cookies cheapo one! I am in my default state of being "financially embarrassed"...

Melanie

QUOTE]

Hi Melanie - I bought the Cookie one earlier this year an love it. Just be prepared to do a lot of de-greasing when it arrives...and a tip, don't unpack it straight onto the living room carpet as I started to do!

Thanks for that, it got unpacked in the shed, that was a two woman job! I've only degreased the smooth rollers, figured it couldn't hurt to leave it on the other moving parts :-)

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyC View Post
    Hi folks i would save up and buy a good set of rolling mills, or with any other jewellery tools buy the best you can cheap tools are false economy
    i have tried cheap and they just snap or break., i have a set of durston rollers i have used for the last 25 years and never had a problem with them
    and they will probably out do me...

Scott
    I am a part time volunteer in an ESOL class, so what bothers me is: can one refer to a set of rolling mills as one does to a pair of trousers?

I am with ScottyC on this one.

Its got to be Durston every single time.

Like ScottyC I have had mine 23 years and they are in service every single day and have not had any problems with them at all.

Shop around for the best deals and the cheapest on Durston mills.

Buy British, buy the best

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers