Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cooksons delivery service

Yes please Rob, I'm actually calling in to Vittoria Street tomorrow morning to collect an order, I'll ask for a replacement then. As you say, it's not acceptable service and sadly it reflects negatively upon your service as the supplier........thank you for passing on my comments and your response.

Tabby

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    What percentage of freepost deliveries arrive next day, in most people's experience? I'm running at 50% at the moment.
    I've received a few parcels by freepost and it's no different to parcels I order with RM for delivery, I've received all my parcel next day

Quote Originally Posted by michi_chi View Post
    I've received a few parcels by freepost and it's no different to parcels I order with RM for delivery, I've received all my parcel next day
    Well I was born unlucky, so maybe that's the answer.

Unfortunately that isnt a good thing either, using a third party. My husband ordered a computer from an individual in Scotland who built it to hubby's specification, so not able to be bought in a shop. When it was built he sent it by Hermes, who got our address wrong. We live in a private road with 10 houses in, and there is a little driveway next to us with another 10 houses in, both sets of houses are numbered 1 - 10. Obviously the postcode is the same, so what happens, when you order you specify that it has to go to our address NOT the other address. So what did Hermes do, take the parcel to the other address and although the house was empty, left it in a meter cupboard by the front door. Luckily our next door neighbour is an estate agent who was just getting back in her car after giving students the keys for the house, and noticed the chap leaving a parcel. She didnt think much about it because it had been let out a month or so before and thought it was a parcel for the students. Hubby was talking to our neighbour and she said a parcel was delivered there, and it was a big one. He went down to ask if he could have his parcel, and of course there was nobody there, so kept on going back, eventually he went and there was someones parents there, they were giving it a lick of paint for their kids before they moved in after Xmas holidays. Luckily we caught them because this was end of November and the students dont come back until end January. A £400 computer just left in an open cupboard by the front door, and who signed for it !!!!!!!!!!! there was a signature apparently on the delivery note. Royal Mail for me, most of the time you get local posties who know who lives where. We have taken chappie in Scotland to court as he wont refund us, even though it was returned to him within 7 days, he said he sent a monitor with it, which we didnt order or want, and it had been stolen and as such didnt qualify for a refund as the order wasnt complete. The saga continues, watch this space.............................

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    The saga continues, watch this space.............................
    Oh dear, Pat! What a nightmare. I hope there's a positive resolution for you.
    Indi

Well the latest is we have to have a representative in Scotland to put our case. Its a very long way from Devon and would cost more than the computer did in the first place and lets face it if the chap gets convicted he probably wouldnt be able to pay anyway, so not sure if its worth pursuing.