Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cooksons delivery service

Hi

thanks for this feedback, Yodel had a lot of bad press a couple of years ago but generally they have worked their way through it and have improved. We offer them (along with DHL and TNT) because customers have preferences, as well as good and bad experiences. We have customers who insist on Yodel, I think a lot depends on the quality of the local service centre and driver.
    They do offer value for money and 89.2% (that's last weeks stat for successful deliveries) of the time they offer a very good service, you have a different perspective of course if you are in the other 10.8%. We have very little negative feedback about DHL but there is a small premium on their prices.

rgds
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    ha!

Anyway I ordered on free post yesterday afternoon and got my package this morning via RM.

I did get something from Yodel a few weeks back and it did actually come to my door. MyHermes is dreadful round here but given the exploitative way couriers are employed, I do have some sympathy for them.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

hmmmm, yodel and parcel force are a pain in my area. I strive to not use either when possible.

good you got your stuff so quickly Liz. I decided against going for the free post as I need an order to arrive tomorrow and the last time I took advantage of the free post it took a long time to get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    hmmmm, yodel and parcel force are a pain in my area. I strive to not use either when possible.

good you got your stuff so quickly Liz. I decided against going for the free post as I need an order to arrive tomorrow and the last time I took advantage of the free post it took a long time to get to me.
    I think I've always lucked out on the free post deals. every time it has come the next day.

I'm afraid, due to past experience, I avoid Yodel, 1 out of 10 deliveries as a fail seems a pretty high percentage to me!!

What percentage of freepost deliveries arrive next day, in most people's experience? I'm running at 50% at the moment.

Yes, but look on the bright side; at least you're not paying VAT on the postage.

I refuse to use yodel, terrible experience through Cookies orders in the past and it would seem by default this week to deliver (thankfully only the latest catalogue)!! I've just tried to upload images from my phone without success But basically, I was out for 2 hours on Thursday morning, -raining when I left, I arrive home - sleet, snow, etc,etc, package propped (FULLY IN VIEW of anybody) at the front door......soaked through.......cannot believe (so take the piccies), open front door to find a card on my doormat from Yodel.....'parcel left by front door'.....no sh** Sherlock,....NOT ONLY did Yodel advertise the fact that there was NO ANSWER....but also left a cardboard 'protected' package in appalling weather open to the elements and any prying eyes.......

I NEVER use Yodel from Cooksons by choice, or from Birmingham Assay Office, in fact the latter have supplied me with stickers, highlighting the fact on my assay note, that my packages are to be delivered by Royal Mail SD only.

Hi, Sorry to read of your problems with Yodel delivering your catalogue. Do you need it replacing?

To clarify we no longer use Yodel for parcel deliveries. The catalogues are being delivered via a third party mailing house who happened to have used Yodel in this instance. Your experience is unacceptable and we have passed on your comments to our mailing house.

regards, Rob