Thread: 2010

Default 2010

Hi all,

If anyone is in the know or going to any events early in 2010 can they let me know. I've never done anything like it, really want to but think I'll need a keeper to save me from an expensive divorce!!!

Actually I could save my xmas overtime bonus to spend, now there's a thought.

Annie
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

What sort of events are you looking for?

Well I want to start selling my jewellery so I would like to see how the experts do it. As nothing really happens around here and we don't have any organised groups I need to find out as much as possible about trade shows and fairs so I'm open to any suggestions.

Annie
    Annie xXx

The spring fair at Birminghams NEC is very good, real mixture of jewellers, suppliers and manufacturers. It normally runs for about 4 days in the first week of February. Its definately worth a visit.

Are you thinking about craft fairs or general events that may have jewellery sellers around? There's often quite a big difference between artisan sellers and people with bought-in goods, both in terms of style and presentation!

Thats the troule I'm too inexperienced to know what I need. THe NEC sounds good though. In my job I have to book time off months in advance,I think I'll get the google wizard on the job. Hopefully someone from here will be going too so i'll have some company.

Annie xXx
    Annie xXx

I think the Spring Fair's great for picking up supplies, but not as a place to get an idea of how to sell artisan work tbh. Lots of bought-in stuff though.

I went to the British Craft Trade Fair in April at Harrogate. http://www.bctf.co.uk/ If you write to them and explain that you are an emerging jewellery artist with an intrest in exhibiting in the future they send you an invitation to get in and have a look around. They have an area specifically for first time exhibitors and I found it really intresting and informative to talk to people who are 'a couple'(!!) of years ahead of me! It does give you ideas about displays and customer interaction. You form an opinion very quickly if you find a particular exhibitor/display works well or has something lacking. Of course - it is a totally different environment than a public sale/craft fair - but very informative all the same. It can be a bit disheartening though - when you see what percentage of 'new exhibitors' and 'old hands' are jewellery based!!,. There is a lot of competition out there!!
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 20-08-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Why can't I spell??

Bless you both now I have a choice of seeing both sides

Annie xXx
    Annie xXx