Thread: Hello From Titch!

Default Hello From Titch!

Hello,

Im Titch & I am totally new to anything crafty!. I am just starting to try & make elasticated bracelets. Ive brought Beadalon Elasticity & have had problems knotting it, but just found out that a Surgeon's knot works best!.

Im going to try & make semi precious bead elastic bracelets. Is there any elastic people prefer? or is found to be the strongest?. How long would you say a elasticated bracelet lasts for before the elastic gives out?

Thank's For Your Help

Titch xxx

Hi Titch. Sorry I can't help you with the elastic.

Hello Titch,
    I think you'll find there are very few beaders here - you might get a bit more help on one of the bead specific forums like UK Beaders, Bead Buddies or UK Crafts.

Hi Titch -

As George says, not all that many beaders here (although I thought we had some?) - but if you want to branch out...

Hey Titch
    I do some beading along with my silver work, but I have never tried Beadalon. I use own brand elastic from my local craft shop, and I have found that it wears pretty well. I have had a bracelet for a couple of years, but its all about sizing. The smaller the bracelet, the more the elastic has to stretch which reduces is lifetime. Try and make bracelets that fit tight to the wrist when the elastic is slack so they don't have so far to stretch.
    Hope this helps

Thank You for your reply's,

Very helpful xxx