Father Christmas was astonishingly kind to me this year, absolutely no bubble bath but a Dremel 4000 4/65 with flexishaft, a Dremel workstation 220 to mount it all on, a flat vice to go on the base and an ultrasonic from Lidl. I am a very lucky girl! However.... I'm not entirely sure how to get the best out of my new toys.

I got red, white and blue Dialux blocks from my son too, how best to use them? I have felt polishing wheels and points, but would I use them in sequence or just pick one?

Diamond burrs look very sparkly and pointy in their box of 30, but again I'm not entirely sure what they do!

Then there's the ones that have little fluted balls on the end, red resin cutting wheels, an orangey cylinder (for grinding?) and a green disc on a mandrel (there seem to be a lot of shapes available in this stuff).

I have tried various tools on the flexshaft but have no idea what I'm doing, really. I did get a 1mm cup burr from Cookies, but need a smaller collet before I can use it (on its way).

I'd like to be able to cut strips of metal for rings and bangles, it has an attachment for cutting straight lines but again, I'm a bit clueless :-(

I have been having huge fun today drilling teeny holes in fired copper clay ready to make earrings though, using it as a pillar drill.

As for the ultrasonic, is that the final, FINAL stage of manufacture?

Apologies for such a rambling polemic, but I bet I'm not the only one out there with a box of exciting but mysterious doozits, widgets and thingummybobs for their Dremel (other rotary tools are available :-) )

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com