Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little feedback please

Default A little feedback please

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to see what you thoughts were with regards to the theme competitions that were reintroduced towards the end of last year?

And also any ideas for some themes??

If the feedback hints at the continuation of these competitions, I will re-commence them at the start of Feb

Jess

Although I've only entered one I've enjoyed them and it makes me think differently to my usual design aims even if I don't end up with something to enter. I like seeing things within a theme showcased as we have as well.

now i've found my password, I'd be very keen to give it a go. I like anything that gives me a nudge to make something different!

Hi Jess,
    I PMd you about this a while back, but maybe you did not find it.
    1. Could the competition be sticky and remain on every day for the whole month, to give it a higher profile?
    2. Something romantic for February, hares for March, eggs for April and a prize for the person with the most naff list. Regards, Dennis.

I have enjoyed entering the competitions and am thrilled to have won last month's one. It would be good to see a larger selection of entries as the variety of items and interpretations of the themes are widely differing. It's interesting to see what is being made by other jewellers and is very inspiring in terms of design and technique.

Dennis, I like your naff list :-) (I can see a hare taking shape already)

May: apple orchard, June: beach holiday, July: English weather

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hi Jess,
    I PMd you about this a while back, but maybe you did not find it.
    1. Could the competition be sticky and remain on every day for the whole month, to give it a higher profile?
    2. Something romantic for February, hares for March, eggs for April and a prize for the person with the most naff list. Regards, Dennis.
    Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your PM, I have asked IT to implement this, great idea.

Thank you for the theme suggestions too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkie View Post
    I have enjoyed entering the competitions and am thrilled to have won last month's one. It would be good to see a larger selection of entries as the variety of items and interpretations of the themes are widely differing. It's interesting to see what is being made by other jewellers and is very inspiring in terms of design and technique.

Dennis, I like your naff list :-) (I can see a hare taking shape already)

May: apple orchard, June: beach holiday, July: English weather

Thank you for the theme ideas!

The theme often gives me inspiration to try something different and I love seeing all the entries, but so far the entries have been of such a high standard that I have not dared to enter the competition myself.

August: Summer holidays; September: Harvest; October: Leaves
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop

Quote Originally Posted by MeadMoon View Post
    The theme often gives me inspiration to try something different and I love seeing all the entries, but so far the entries have been of such a high standard that I have not dared to enter the competition myself.

August: Summer holidays; September: Harvest; October: Leaves
    Oh you must enter!

Wow that's the year planned then Just need November and December now...

Ooo if we know the themes in advance that might help people enter. A month is a short time for busy people.