Thread: R14 Digital Controller Muffle Kiln from Technical Supermarket

Default R14 Digital Controller Muffle Kiln from Technical Supermarket

Does anybody know anything about the R14 Digital Controller Muffle Kiln from Technical Supermarket? I am looking to buy my first kiln and simply cannot stretch to the Paragon SC2 at the moment and second hand they are like rocking horse doo doo! I need a reasonable size chamber as I use copper, do not get on with torch fireing it (damn stuff keeps snapping) and need to pop the pieces in a stainless stell container with the carbon fibre stuff.

Now, I have sourced a small container (link below if anybody wants it) which will prob fit into the promtheus pro 1, so this is an option. However, this R14 is bigger still and has a shelf...........I have linked to the web site and they are all over ebay, so hopefully somebody will be able to provide some advice. So grateful for any help!

Kiln R14 link
    http://www.technicalsupermarket.com/...,386/Itemid,4/

Steel box link
    http://www.torquato.co.uk/stainl_-st...l?ref=UKShopOB

Default R14 muffle kiln as advertised on Ebay. Recomended or not?

Hi, this is the very same question I want answering and for the very same reason - my pieces have been known to snap when I fire them on a gas hob and I can´t risk it because I sell them. I´m hoping a kiln is the answer to this problem and have been researching 3 - the Kikiti MiniKiln, the Paragon SC2 and this same R14 on Ebay. Price is pretty crucial so the Paragon is least likely. I don´t think you got any replies on the thread, right? So, I´m really interested to know if you bought the R14?; would you recommend it?; any pitfalls? Finally, does kiln-firing definitely deal with the snapping issue?
    Thanks