Hi all,

I'm hoping you can give some advice - I sold a simple bracelet design (pic attached I think!) to a lady in New York and she's just been in touch to say the 'links keep breaking' and asking for advice. I suspect that she's caught it on something and pulled it out of shape, so I've suggested she send it back to me, tell me her ideal bracelet length and I'll fix it for her. BUT I am now worried about the strength of the jump rings I'm using. This bracelet is made with oval 2 belcher chain, the clasp is made with 1.5 silver wire and the wire the stone is on is 0.7 wire. I think the jump rings are 0.7 thickness as well, but I don't solder them.

I should probably also say that I buy my jump rings from Cooksons and don't make my own!

So, do you think I should be using larger/sturdier jumprings? Should I be soldering them?? I have to admit I'm reluctant to do this, so any other tips on how to strengthen jump rings also gratefully received! I'm sure this is a really basic question, but kind of essential to get right!

Many thanks,
Shelley

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunstone bracelet.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	3309