Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Creative Bronze and Copper Clay

wow 20 minutes????? my arms would be dead by then! let me know how u get on with the creative copper instead. i didn't get on with the artclay copper at all.

For such prolonged firing it would be increasingly important to have assisted ventilation, because a lot of toxic gases can accumulate in that time. Dennis.

I wouldn't be at all happy using a microtorch for that sort of time, as the casing could very easily overheat to the point where it could become hazardous.

It is sensible to know about your torch - many are made to withstand firing at up to 1300C for long periods of time. You do have make sure that the micro torch is held at a 45% angle all the times because heat rises. Additionally I would not advise anyone that is not very experienced in torch firing to fire copper clay for that length of time - just incase, as the heat needed is quite high compared to silver clay.
    I can only say that is how long I had to fire to achieve the required result with a torch (and it was in a well ventilated room).

Before I got my kiln I used to fire PMC with a small camping stove and a mesh rack. Establish the hottest point by preheating and then place the item to be fired there.

Lorraine

The Creative Copper and Bronze clay are the same as Prometheus Bronze and Copper clay made in Turkey. They suggest 5-10 minutes with a torch is sufficient for firing. They have a video tutorial on the firing page on the Prometheus website.
    Best wishes,
    Julia