Thread: Repairing a drill hole

Default Repairing a drill hole

Hi
    I have made a large hollow form in sterling silver, it is oval shaped drop and I wanted to add two drill holes and then hang it from a cable wire. When I was drilling a hole in the side the drill slipped and has marked the side wall and made a hole near the edge of the metal. I am not sure about repairing it with solder, the drill bit I used was 1mm. Now I am wondering where to drill the holes for the cable. If I turn it up the other way there is still hole and drill slip mark which can be seen. Does anyone have any ideas? I reallly don't want to abandon it.
    Many Thanks
    Jane

An unwanted hole I'd fill with a short snip of suitable wire, soldered in place; as for the skid, can you burnish it out?
    A picture might be handy.

Hi, I did that with a ring once, saw a mark and drilled the pattern of small holes and whoops, drilled a hole where it wasnt supposed to be, I did like Peter suggested, cut a small piece of wire and soldered it in, and I have to say although an amateur it worked and you have to look really hard on the inside to see where it was, as for the scuff mark, another idea is to hammer it to give a textured finish, its better than abandoning it. Regards, Pat