Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild of Jewellery Designers discount

Default Guild of Jewellery Designers discount

I've been a member for some time but don't seem to be getting the discount from Cooksons which I believe I'm entitled to. How can I sort this out please?

Hi Carole

Your GOJD discounts are in place (we've checked your last few invoices), if you have any specific query please call Paula on 01212126476

rgds

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying. I can't see anywhere on the invoice though where it mentions a discount.

I've just had a notification from Geti to say that it should say GOJD after my name on the invoice, which it does, so problem solved. Many thanks.

Can anyone tell me what the current discount is for Cooksons, Walsh and Suttons? I'm thinking of joining the GOJD, but although the website says Gold membership "will allow you to receive discounts from our supplier partners", no actual figures are quoted. Thanks!

It's 15% on tools 10% on machinery with cookies which is good if you buy when there is also free delivery and a sale which is what I did when I bought my Durston rolling mill! There are details in the members area but I'm sure if you email Jayne she will be able to tell you
    Last edited by CJ57; 23-05-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I think it's 20% on tools with cookies which is good if you buy when there is also free delivery and a sale which is what I did when I bought my Durston rolling mill! There used to be something on the GOJD pages about how much discount but I haven't been in for a while
    Thanks for that. 20% sounds surprisingly generous. Is that the same with all suppliers? On the other hand you say it's 20% on tools. Does that mean you get 20% only off tools, not other things like bullion or stones? And if that's the case is there any way of knowing what qualifies as a tool? A pair of pliers is clearly a tool, but what about an ultrasonic machine, say, or an Optivisor?

I'm not 100% sure what qualifies as a tool, but just make sure that when you join the guild you give your cookson account number. The guild then contacts cookson & your discounts are applied to your account. This means discounts apply as you add things to your shopping basket.
    They will not apply your discount in retrospect, so try not to forget (like me ).

You'll see I revised the percentages when I went in and had a look onGoJD. The 15% on tools is all tools from what I've experienced. The 10% on machinery I've experienced has been just that rolling mills, bench drill etc so I would imagine that would include an ultrasonic. Having said that I recently bought the Durston planishing set and the discount saved me the equivelant of the vat so that's 20%
    There are bizarre 20% discounts but only on the manufacturing costs of the bullion and not the metals themselves. I'm not sure about stones. Once you have your discount it's automaticallly reduced on the price list for each item, so the only way to see what you are saving is to do a comparison not logged in( so Joe Bloggs prices) and logged in discounted prices

Thanks for the replies.
    I've since found out (from the GOJD site) that Walsh's give 10% on everything - apparently. I can't find out anything about the Suttons' discount. It would be nice to have it in black and white somewhere from Cooksons themselves how exactly their discount system for GOJD members works, i.e. which things attract what level of discount. It would make planning an order more straightforward.