Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild of Jewellery Designers discount

Does anyone know what the ACJ discount is?

The Weirdly Wonderful Isle and Royal Manor of Portland

I really can't work out this discount ! I have tried putting numerous items in my basket ... both logged in and logged out and the prices remain the same. I have phoned Cooksons and been assured that my discount is in place and do indeed have GOJD after my name on the invoice. Can anyone let me know of an item that is definitely on the discount list so I can give it a try ... just for now though I think I will have to stop putting fictitious items in my basket that I can't afford, it's just too tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by bilythepink View Post
    I really can't work out this discount ! I have tried putting numerous items in my basket ... both logged in and logged out and the prices remain the same. I have phoned Cooksons and been assured that my discount is in place and do indeed have GOJD after my name on the invoice. Can anyone let me know of an item that is definitely on the discount list so I can give it a try ... just for now though I think I will have to stop putting fictitious items in my basket that I can't afford, it's just too tempting.
    Does it change as you go through (but not complete) checkout?

If you log in and place a discounted item in you basket then the discount is there at that point. Try it on a piece of machinery or tools logged in and logged out and you should see the difference. To be honest the discount isn't as noticeable on anything else. Put a Durston rolling mill or something really costly, the difference should be about the same as the vat.

This is the latest info on Cookson discounts, as given to me by the GOJD:

"General Tools 15% discount
    Machinery 10%
    Silver sheet 25% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
    Silver Wire 40% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
    Silver Circles 20% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
    Silver Solder 12% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
    Silver loose chain 22% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
    Silver findings up to 999 volume rate
    Art Clay 5% discount
    PMC 5% discount
    DMSL: Due to the complexity of establishing pricing for the DMSL service, a significant discount will be displayed on request of your quotation alongside the non-discounted rate."

The Weirdly Wonderful Isle and Royal Manor of Portland

Not a bit of difference Spectra, tried that and still came out the same Caroline, thanks for that Aurarius ... still not noticing a difference though. I even put a super expensive durston mill in and it came out at exactly the same price logged in or logged out. I think I'll just forget it and just be content that at least I now have letters after my name

what more could you ask for Bil! It obviously isn't working but unless you are buying tools or machinery I don't find it makes much difference.

Mine definitely shows a difference in prices when I am logged in as opposed to logged out. Maybe you need to clear cookies (pun not intended) after logging out to see the non-discounted prices.
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop