Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irresistible and it’s only a rock.

Default Irresistible and it’s only a rock.

This year I went to IJL at Earls Court expecting just to browse, but when I came across a selection of these cushion shaped pink tourmalines, I just couldn’t resist buying one. So here is the ring I made.

For the shank I used two D-shaped wires soldered together. The mount is just a 1.0mm thick strip of fine silver, bent to shape without scoring it and soldered onto a textured back plate which shows through the stone.

Some months ago I described a mini-lightbox for tricky bezels, made from a multi LED cupboard light, dimmed with some white tape to reduce glare and put inside a small plastic box to act as a work surface. I have used it many times since and here it proved invaluable to check the bezel in construction and ensure a good fit. Once made up, I also laid some dental floss across the bottom to haul out the stone when trying it in pace.

Our streets are full of leaves just now, so I hope you will like the seasonal effect. Dennis.

This is beautiful! I would love to wear that

Lovely, Dennis. I really like how simple the shank is but how it adds subtle detail. The stone is gorgeous.

That's great Dennis - a very classy setting for a gorgeous stone

beautiful! I do love your work, Dennis!

Thank you for your kind comments. This is one of the stones for which I was sent out of IJL to get real money, because the company did not take credit cards. As it was going to be for a birthday , I suppressed my natural inclination to say something rude ad trudged off. When I returned the man had been pretty certain that I would and still had it set aside.

That was the second trek in one morning, as Lorenz Edelstein who make unique carved stones also declared that they would charge, I think 12½%, for cards. I hope to show that stone later. Dennis.

It is really lovely, I think the balance between the shank and the stone, having reason recently to look at lots of handmade rings online I found it hardest to find one that I liked which also balanced to my taste!

Fab! Love the textured back plate.

Once again Dennis beautiful work with an equally lovely stone,

Congrats on the competition win by the way :0)

Thanks again, Kathryn and Lesley and thank you Cornelius, I hope you are enjoying the autumn season in France, Regards Dennis.