Thread: My "One-a-Day" Recycling Challenge - Anyone want to join me?

Default My "One-a-Day" Recycling Challenge - Anyone want to join me?

Having been inspired by the book about people making one ring every day for a year (!). I've decided on a challenge of my own. Materials are so expensive now and I don't like wasting anything - so I've decided to go through my scrap and unloved pieces and recycle them into something new - every day for a month!

Because I don't have much spare jewellery making time; I'm using this as a way to try out new techniques and ideas, as well as having the discipline to persevere to a conclusion every day - even if the creative juices have disappeared! Also, it means I have to get on the computer and update my blog every day too!

I'm only on day Two so far, but I thought maybe some of you would like to join me in the challenge. You don't have to create a masterpiece everyday, but maybe you (like me) will use this as the excuse we sometimes need to just have a play and learn something new.

If you fancy having a go, please check out my blog: gothglitz.wordpress.com and then post your daily designs as a comment on the relevant day's blog.

Even if you don't want to join my challenge - please check out my progress!

Thank you.
    Adrienne
    Gothglitz Designs (www.gothglitz.co.uk)

What a great idea. I'm going to put it on our 'to do' list - we have all the new stock from the Hong Kong show to upload this week, but oh we do have so much scrap silver and gold...but it never seems enough to justify the shipping back to a bullion house.

I've got a scrap pot from Cooksons but I keep on dipping into it to make new stuff. I'm not sure when I'll actually have enough to make it worth sending it back!

I'm going to try my hand at melting some down and casting something with cuttlefish bones this week!

Adrienne
    Gothglitz Designs (www.gothglitz.co.uk)