Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Fusion Hinges!! HELP!!!!

Hi everyone back again, as this box is being the most annoying, stressful thing I have ever made. I have made it all but now need to put it all together. I was intending to rivet it but the nerve damage in my wrists has been really bad and I don't think they are up to doing the 20 odd rivets. I have tried gluing it (sacrilege I know!) but it's not working. I tried my glue gun, and super glue. I tried epoxy resin but because it still moves for 20 mins it is hard keeping it straight, and the edges are too small to clamp. Has anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks

Show us a picture of where you're at Laura, and we might be able to come up with something.

If it's still in aluminium (and without knowing the size), have you considered using the smallest size of pop rivets and a riveting gun?

We really need a picture Laura, But if you are into adhesives, then there are 5 minute epoxys. For instance Devcon says:working time 5mins, handling time 15 mins, full strength 1hour http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_50tp2f6k0g_e

They need clean rough surfaces, surface to surface, not edge to edge.

An alternative for anything except aluminium and kept away from your normal work, is soft solder. It can be cut into small pallions and used with a liquid flux meant for it, and very little heat from a torch, using sweat soldering to keep it hidden. Dennis.

Sorry, George, crossed you.
    Last edited by Dennis; 03-07-2012 at 09:03 PM.