Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking credit card payments

I am new to this type of thing so dont really understand how it all works, are we talking state ID system. I have asked customers to pay by Pal-Pal and as soon as the payment clears I send off the stuff to them, but you still have to rely on them actually doing the transfer. By the time they have seen all the other stands and walked around for half an hour, they have probably forgotten all about you. Most of the venues I go to exhibit is in (at the moment) a field somewhere, normally with a tent overhead, so using any type of electrical appliance that has to plugged in to the mains is not an option. Most of my stuff is ranging from about £20 - £80ish at the moment due to lack of funds, but people dont take that sort of money to a local craft fair, I know that I dont. The next step is to invest in a card machine I think.

A card machine will indeed work in most fields, provided the base station does not have the hab-dabs at the sudden traffic overload. But they do allow you to get the money (a nd provide a comedy break as you hop around waving it in the air to get a signal!)

You may find it easier to use the MobilePos system through Adelante, which works with your mobile phone.

That is a possiblility but I feel some will baulk at putting details into a mobile phone. I've encountered and used many terminals (and have one myself) but I would probably not want to put my details into someone's mobile...

As I've said before, I'd be in that camp - I'll use Paypal from my own PC, but won't rely on others. If your customer has a smart phone, they can do it - but if not... I still think the POS (Point Of Sale, not the other one) terminals are the best solution; it's just which route to them is optimal. A week's rental for one or two days doesn't seem desperately viable.

Hahaha I can just imagine me doing that, what a laugh. My daughter and I have just got back from London, been to the Assay office and got our hallmark now, how exciting is that.

Getting your own sponsor's mark is amazing, isn't it. I got mine many years ago and I can still remember sitting in Goldsmiths hall somewhere and picking the shape etc. Now you really will be making your mark.