Thread: Morbid tastes?

Default Morbid tastes?

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this! What is everyone's take on this weird form of art?

http://www.retail-jeweller.com/produ...028737.article

As someone who had to really steel herself to scoop up a rat that the cats caught yesterday, I don't think I'll be going into taxidermy any time soon.

All my stuff is suitable for vegetarians.

I really like that stuff, though we do have a growing collection of moth-eaten bad taxidermy in the house these days, so I'm not really squeamish about it.

I thought the bird's claw bracelet was beautiful. wish I'd thought of it.

Yes the birds claw bracelet is beautiful as is some of the other jewellery created with animal parts....call me a wimp, but I really don't feel comfortable with the jewellery with eyes and fur!!

No nor me. Yuk.

I can see why some people would buy things like these as they are new and very different. Not sure I could wear it myself.

I was married to a farmer for 23 years so got used to seeing bits of dead animals, but wouldnt want to wear them thank you.

Yuk! I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a dried frog on my finger! It would definitely make a difference if the animals were fake!

Having kept rats, etc and living on a remote island group. I have often pondered using the bones, skulls etc from small creatures and fish, etc as jewellery either coating in silver or casting and gem setting...just haven't got round to it yet, I do have a human tooth (real) commission to finish first and if that works them will probably be game on.