Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere in the forums - I couldn't find a relevant thread, so please point me in the right direction if I've missed it!

I'm looking for some advice on wire cutters. I bought a little (inexpensive) pair from a local bead shop a couple of months ago and they're already getting blunt and cut wire into a sharp point, rather than straight across.

I'm using them to cut 0.5, 0.8 and 1.5 round silver wire - all soft I think. I bought small cutters specifically for snipping the 0.5 and 0.8 wires close against beads after wrapping, etc, so I'd really prefer a neater finish as I can't file the ends. For the 1.5 wire I'd also prefer a neater finish, so I have less filing to do before soldering!

Should I be using different cutters for the different wire thicknesses? I've seen side cutters, end cutters, shears and saws on Cooksons and I'm a bit lost to be honest!

I'm on a tight budget and can't afford to spend a lot, but I would really appreciate some advice!

Many thanks, Shelley