Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September Theme: Autumn

Default September Theme: Autumn

Hello everyone!

Well Autumn is officially here (sad to say goodbye to the summer!) but I thought this would be a good, broad theme to introduce this month. So post your design incorporating this theme within this thread with a little bit about the piece and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month! The Winner will "WIN THEIR ORDER" !!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CREATIVITY!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the draw will be 30.09.2011. The first name drawn will win their order up to the monetary value of £100. This must be in one transaction. The draw will take place on 01.10.2011. Cookson Precious Metals Competition Secretary will make the draw.

The Draw is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers who are UK residents and aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 03.10.2011. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the draw together with any person connected to the draw.

Entry into the draw is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the draw.

No responsibility is accepted for prize draw coupons lost, damaged or mislaid.

To enter the Draw, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The Competition Secretary's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Image shown is for display purposes only, prize comprises of any items selected from our website, cooksongold.com, to the monetary value of £100 in one transaction.

Bah! I'm way too caught up to even think about it at the moment. Maybe later in the month.

Do we know how this will be judged?

Tis a draw, I think. Which is good! means I have a chance of winning!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGem View Post
    Hello everyone!

Well Autumn is officially here (sad to say goodbye to the summer!) but I thought this would be a good, broad theme to introduce this month. So post your design incorporating this theme within this thread with a little bit about the piece and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month! The Winner will "WIN THEIR ORDER" !!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CREATIVITY!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the draw will be 30.09.2011.
    The first name drawn will win their order up to the monetary value of £100. This must be in one transaction. The draw will take place on 01.10.2011. Cookson Precious Metals Competition Secretary will make the draw.

The Draw is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers who are UK residents and aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 03.10.2011. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the draw together with any person connected to the draw.

Entry into the draw is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the draw.

No responsibility is accepted for prize draw coupons lost, damaged or mislaid.

To enter the Draw, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The Competition Secretary's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Image shown is for display purposes only, prize comprises of any items selected from our website, cooksongold.com, to the monetary value of £100 in one transaction.

To clear some ambiguity.... the terms and conditions are a standard company template so perhaps I should have amended where appropriate! i am obviously conducting this competition for the members of this forum so your feedback is essential!
    I personally believe, due to the nature of the competition requiring effort from the participants, it should be a professionally judged competition... any thoughts?

Oh LittleGem might that also mean that those of us who live over the channel will also be able to enter?

Sounds great, and judged would be most appropriate I think to get some effort going, Im quite excited and definitely going to enter One question though, do you have to make a purchase in order to enter? or can you enter and win the gift certificate?

FAB idea, but the intracises not thought out........................... the drawback of being an employee!! So if we go with the September /autumn theme and the £100 credit in one purchase with cooksons......regardless of the cost of your entry/ paper design?????? Will it be judged or a draw as indicated.....if judged...who will the judges be???? design cred?? if a draw, then I can give you my name to be entered..........does it have to be made or just drawn, will it make any difference to 'judging'? Obviously not to a draw. Would like to participate but would appreciate some clarity please!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    FAB idea, but the intracises not thought out........................... the drawback of being an employee!! So if we go with the September /autumn theme and the £100 credit in one purchase with cooksons......regardless of the cost of your entry/ paper design?????? Will it be judged or a draw as indicated.....if judged...who will the judges be???? design cred?? if a draw, then I can give you my name to be entered..........does it have to be made or just drawn, will it make any difference to 'judging'? Obviously not to a draw. Would like to participate but would appreciate some clarity please!
    It is to be judged.. and as I previously mentioned... I was going to go on general consensus as to whether the moderators/administrators judge the competition or whether our Cookson's Professional Jewellers here at the company judge it..? The cost of making is entirely up to you... I would have to have a standard prize otherwise it gets far too complicated in deciding the prize according to design cost. I don't think you can have a combination of drawn/made as, like you said. I am hoping for made pieces.

Hope this clears a few things up...?

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Sounds great, and judged would be most appropriate I think to get some effort going, Im quite excited and definitely going to enter One question though, do you have to make a purchase in order to enter? or can you enter and win the gift certificate?
    Hi Lucy, not quite sure what you mean...

You do not have to make a purchase prior to the competition, you win a future order of your choice to the value of £100... does that make sense/

Jess