Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello from newcastle!

welcome Matthew!
    Gosh would love and apprenticeship!
    Do tell us what you get up to!
    Em

Talking

Hello Mat, I'm from Newcastle too! Living in West Jesmond at the moment. Which shop are you working for? And do they need anyone else?

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Mat
    Welcome from Bedfordshire
    Lorraine

Hello from me too Mat.

Hello Matthew or do you prefer Mat. If you love making jewellery you'll love this forum. Dive right in and enjoy yourself.

Annie
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

at the moment we dont anyone else sorry charlotte. But i get up to loads of stuff! we cast in platinum, palladium, brass gold and so forth so we are busy with casting at the moment! my boss can also do wax carvings so we do on offs aswell. At the moment in my job i am based round repairs, serving and getting to know reps etc

Sounds cool! Nice and varied... its weird thinking you can get paid and do something you enjoy isn't it?! And something which you never stop learning about! So where do you work? I know all the shops... I've probably applied a million times anyway ..I hope its not The jewellers guild, I'm not a fan of theirs

I'd love to see some of your work! Can you tell I'm happy I'm not the only person from Newcastle?

the shop i work has been open for just over one year. But i must say i havent dealt with the jewellers guild before. And yes its a brilliant thing to get paid for something you love!

I will try and post some of the work the workshop, my boss does the hand making stuff. At the moment we have made a white gold globe with yellow gold land mass with a gimble.
    Last edited by Matp85; 24-08-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Ahhh cool, I've not actually been to Monkseaton, only go through it to see the sea I'm thinking about getting a house in West Monkseaton though... that or Benton... don't ask me why I just have a good feeling about the two areas I've never applied for jobs outside the centre of Newcastle actually I should get out a bit more and see whats about. I look forward to seeing some of your work!

monkseaton is a lovely area although i live in walkergate. The people who come in the shop are always nice and polite which makes the days and job easier