Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rouge polishing and further work

Stu,

I think to achieve a higher initial polish look you can try Dialux black or green, you will need to check, but one is formulated for white metal. Following you can use the ultrasonic or toothbrush, I use a small headed electric toothbrush, which works for me quite will in times of need. In the shop it is a thankless task to keep ontop of the buffing, I tend to use the haggerty pink cloth that is impregnated with a polish solution, but do not use on matte or satin finish, the polish gets into the texture and does not look good. I have not tried the silver dip, will see if that lasts longer than the haggerty cloth.
    Poor old Les

Thanks for all your replies, i will use your information to further inform potential customers of the downside to most plated high street high polish jewellery. My jewellery is by no means dull i just wondered why such a difference, i now know the reasons. i do use numerous different texture finishes and these do allow my jewellery to stand out from the high street stuff.

thanks again for all of your input

regards

Stu