Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ijl

That would be amazing. Mind you, I've already spent a fortune on getting mine shipped over, but I could get a few more toys to go with it.

I remember you mentioning this a while ago, and I have been trying to come up with a solution ever since.

Lee (the saw guy)

Quote Originally Posted by knewcoincepts View Post
    Lesley..

Possibly I can help with your problem. The Anvil screw is adjustable side to side to handle various blades. It also gives the ability to change the knobs from one side to the other to accomodate both RH and LH users. You do not have to use a hex key to adjust. Simply use the point of a nail file to adjust the screw. You have to do this while the screw is not under pressure from the Tee knob.

Ordinarily, the anvil screw does not have to be adjusted after setting. When they leave here, they go out with a blade installed and tensioned. However, because this frame is new in the consciousness of the metalsmith, and is different, the traditional methods require some modification for success.

If, for example, the Tee knob is tightened without a blade between the two screws, the anvil screw will become a temporary extension of the Tee knob, and will move back on its threads and become recessed. Since it is no longer slightly proud for grabbing the blade, when you tighten the Tee knob, the end of the blade gets bent.

Please try this remedy, and I think that it will rectify your problem.

Lee (they saw guy)
    Thanks, Lee. Appreciate you taking the trouble to answer.
    I'll try and sort it next week.

Well, I'm having more problems with my saw and I seem to have rendered it unusable.

I adjusted the Anvil screw so the blade no longer twists sideways. Now, however, when I tighten it at the bottom, the blade bends sharply away from me. I can still set it up and saw for a few minutes, but then the blade pops out at the bottom! When it does, the bottom of the blade has a pronounced curve in it. I removed the knob completely to check for broken bits but there's nothing in there.

I wish I'd left it as it was because I could use it. Any ideas?

Please go to the "Questions" page of the website:
    http://knewconcepts.com/questions.php

There is a tremendous amount of information there with a lot pictures that will explain exactly what and how to adjust the anvil screw.

Remember, a slight adjustment is usually all that is required. What you are trying for is to get the flat point of the anvil screw to protrude into the hole for the blade just a slight amount.

Lee (the saw guy)

I've had a look on there and the forum. So, do you reckon it's just that the Anvil screw is still mis-aligned?

Yes, the anvil screw is still not set properly.

Please use a paper clip (or something similar) that is slightly smaller than the blade hole and insert it down the blade hole. Carefully, adjust the anvil screw until you can feel it contacting the wire. You should be able to keep the wire vertical. If it is canted, you have gone too far. If you cannot remove the wire, you have gone too far. If you feel no resistance, you have not gone far enough.

Hang in there with me on this. I know that you can do it. My problem is that I have done it thousands of times when I assemble the saws, and it seems so simple to me, but that is not the case for you.

Lee (the saw guy)