Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ijl

Default Ijl

Just registered for IJL on the Wednesday

http://www.professionaljeweller.com/...s-at-ijl-2011/

Anybody going?

There's some really good seminars going on across all the days so it was so hard to decide which day to attend...until the powers that be told me which day I had to go!

Hoping to, possibly on the Monday. Depends on time available, really.

Anyone else?

I'm annoyed I can't go monday as I really wanted to see the "modern vintage" runway project- love all things kitsch!

I'm too far away, but the video on engraving watch mechanisms was inspiring!

Hey, Im hoping to go at least on the monday may stay a few days though! Just registered!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Hey, Im hoping to go at least on the monday may stay a few days though! Just registered!
    Yes I am toying with the idea of just going for the whole thing because there are so many things I want to see!

Don't forget to check out the Suttons Tools stand as Lee Marshall, of Knew Concept Saws will be there to meet with and answer any questions about his saws.
    James

I might ask him if he's got the retrofit kits to make one of my existing saws into a lever-action. Sawing azures on 25-30 bearings resulting in 50-60 blade changes was just too slow to swap the blades around, so I went back to my older sawframe.

Change of plan... Hoping to go there tomorrow instead. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    Don't forget to check out the Suttons Tools stand as Lee Marshall, of Knew Concept Saws will be there to meet with and answer any questions about his saws.
    James
    I was there on Sunday, but after my email conversation with Lee during which he seemed to have no solution to my problem of nipping off the ends of blades when fitting them, I did not feel like confronting him further.

Also I am fed up with the extra care needed to set up the blades each time they are changed, putting them through small holes before clamping, and fiddling with a tensioning wheel. After all a frame is a frame, and what counts much more to me is the quality of the blades.

I don’t do so much piercing that I have ever felt a strain injury coming on, so I am back to my trusty antique frame, which someone was using long before me. My Knew saw, which I bought out of curiosity, is now gracing a very top shelf in my tools graveyard. Five inch throat, nips off the ends of blades so they become too short to use. Any offers?
    Dennis.