Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ear wires?

Older than you might think!

I don't have a problem with 0.9mm posts, provided they're for stud type earrings which don't carry a great deal of weight, and more importantly, don't move. It's wires that need to be a little thinner for me. I know a lot of other people have the same problem.

And I never, ever, wear tight shoes. Actually, I can't remember the last time I wore a pair of proper shoes at all.....

Hi George, do you think they should be thicker for drops or thinner then. I dont do many drops and if I did they would be just a couple of small beads or something light, but its interesting because I know a woman that works with Sam my daughter and she trained in somewhere in Hatton Gardens and she gave us a few bits and bobs of bits she had started and not finished when she gave up silversmithing, and one of the things was an earwire, and it measures .3, I dont know if its what she was practising on or for sale as there was only one in the bag.

And by the way, I dont wear tight shoes either, but have to go to a wedding next week, so flip flops and trainers are out of the question.

For drops, I like 0.8, with a round profile for the area that sits in the ear.

Sparkly flip flops?

I can wear 1mm in round or square wire but I always make my earwires from 0.8mm round. I've given up hammering the front part - don't like the look and, if you take it too far, that can dig in.

I spent years feeling icky about a piece of wire going through a hole in your ear and only had mine pierced 2 years ago.

It's trainers or barefoot for me.

OK, thanks for all the responses. I'll get some copper wire in and fiddle about and then make some from .8 to see how they feel. maybe I've only ever had really cheap and nasty earwires before. I normally only ever wear a simple pair of gold hoops.

Quote: I spent years feeling icky about a piece of wire going through a hole in your ear. Quote.

Earwires and contact lenses do that for me. Luckily I don't have to bother with either. Dennis.

side question, if you tumble something that thin, doesn't it end up all mangled?

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    side question, if you tumble something that thin, doesn't it end up all mangled?
    No, they're absolutely fine. Hardens em up a treat.

So it would put you off if I took out my false eye then. Hahahahaha