Thread: Friday 19th Questions

Default Friday 19th Questions

First Question!

Angela Wallis would like to know, "In tumbling, what are ceramic shapes used for? What are the ratios of shapes, metal, cutting media? Thanks "

Melanie Gange would like to know, "Can I fire glass and pmc using the same kiln? (obviously different firings)

Tracie White, has the question: do I use an engraver to set a stone and then a grain tool to shape the bit lifted? and what graver would I use if I wanted a flush setting?

Quote Originally Posted by jsweetingham View Post
    Melanie Gange would like to know, "Can I fire glass and pmc using the same kiln? (obviously different firings)
    Yes.

Tracie White, has the question: do I use an engraver to set a stone and then a grain tool to shape the bit lifted? and what graver would I use if I wanted a flush setting?
    Er... That's not a question with a quick answer. Well, I suppose it could be, but it wouldn't be helpful! E.g.: 1st part - yes, if it is grain setting you're doing; 2nd part - either none at all, or a bullstick. My signal-to-noise ratio isn't always the best, but having a look at the recent thread about the setting course I did might help: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/jew...e-setting.html

Can I please request that the administrators delete my account and related details... I really don't want to be associated with a forum with these values.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Can I please request that the administrators delete my account and related details... I really don't want to be associated with a forum with these values.
    Hi Joe,

Sorry you feel this way. This idea was merely a pilot which we have recently discussed with other forum members in the "Welcome" thread of this topic- feel free to have a look.

In short, the general criticisms of this promotional approach have been taken on board and therefore is changing. The main thoughts/ suggestions were that people should be directed to the forum to ask their own questions and that the forum should be promoted as a whole.

Therefore, this old approach that you are referring to has been revised.

Having read the other conversations and my response, if you still wish to be deleted please confirm via e-mail at jessica.sweetingham@cooksongold.com

Regards