Quote Originally Posted by CyberPaddy66 View Post
We've had ours for about a year and we still haven't gotten the correct lighting sorted out
It can be fiddly gettingth elighting just right, I have 3 professional studio lights and used to get evry frustrated with having all the kit and my ohotos coming out with lots of glare. now I use just one light and it's muuuuch better.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
I've just bought a softbox light tent off ebay... so am I supposed to just do this on a bright day, or do I need lots of lights pointing at it, or in it? Lol... that probably sounds stupid asking that AFTER buying something but hey
They do work if you use them outside on a bright day, as long as the sun isn't too strong. Makes it easier to get suitable conditions when shooting out side anyway, waiting for just the right amount of could is a PITA!

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
i only have a Sony Cybershot, perhaps thats why i struggle. We bought it about 4 years ago ready for going to Malaysia, and in general photos its brilliant, but does seems to struggle with my jewellery close ups
Some of the Cybershots are very good, guess it depends how low or high end your camera is? Or it might just be a case of fiddling!