Thread: Confusing ring sizes

Default Confusing ring sizes

Hello.
    I have had an ordrer placed by a customer, and he has specified the ring size needed as K l/e....... now I know what the K means (phew i hear you sigh) but the l/e part I have to say im a little stumped, he implys that its something to do with the width but i feel he may have just got it mixed up with a half size?

Before I contact him to query this I just want to check that there isn't some spangly system that ive not heard of for sizing rings.

Many thanks

Hannah
    HannahMary Jewellery
    Website

leading edge Hannah

Im not sure I know what you mean? Im having a particularly dense day...
    HannahMary Jewellery
    Website

Hannah Mary,

Without George's prompting I would have been as puzzled as you. From here on it is quite easy.

When you slip a ring onto a ring stick, the edge that goes on first is the leading edge. So he is saying this edge reaches the K line. Sooo clever, except it is still quite important to know what width of ring he is using and stick to that(no pun intended).

The reason is that with rings measured from one edge , thin rings will feel looser, and broad rings will feel tighter.You can get a much closer approximation by measuring from the centre of the band, but as I said, it's even better to know the band width.

Regards, Dennis.